Turning Gears and Devices is a product group that Katsa is known worldwide. Turning Gears are intended to rotate the shaft with a specific torque and speed.
Industrial applications for different kind of Turning Gears can include for example compressors, large fans and other large rotating equipment.
Applications include mainly large machinery, such as 2 or 4 stroke engines or long shaft lines. Depending on the application, the Turning Gear is either directly bolted onto the side of the machine for the purpose of transmitting power through the machine’s flywheel, or the Gear is an independent unit. In that case the Turning Gear is often combined with a separate gearwheel on the rotating shaft.
The Turning Gear is usually driven by an electric motor, but Katsa also manufactures units driven by a pneumatic motor or with a manual concept. The current install base of Turning Gears supplied by Katsa includes torque of the driven shaft or machine in a range of 2 kNm to 470 kNm at a rotation speed of less than 1 rpm.
General technical overview of Katsa´s Turning Gears:
- Up to 470 kNm pull-out torque with rotation speed less than 1 rpm
- Available for 2- and 4-stroke engines and shaft lines
- Operated either by electric- or pneumatic motor or with a manual concept
- Control unit or electric cabinet can be included in scope
- Auxiliary locking option for Shaft Gearwheel
- Available for ATEX or other special requirements