Vehicles & Rail
Katsa - Dropboxes and Transfer-Cases
Katsa has decades of experience in supporting heavy duty vehicle manufacturers to combine power packs, diesel engine and main transmission, with the chosen drive train axles. Successful projects with customers from business sectors like military, mining and construction, public transport, wood industry have proven our engineering knowledge and manufacturing capabilities.
Almost all heavy-duty vehicles require a transfer-case to get the power and torque down to the drive train from the power pack. In multiple wheel drives the power is also needed to be divided between the axles.
Quite often design process encounters such requirements, limitations or restrictions that it is quite easy to see, that the best point for customization is the transfer-case.
General technical overview of Katsa´s Dropboxes and Transfer-Cases:
- Full freedom in vertical- and horizontal displacement between power pack and drive train.
- Up to 1040 kW engine power
- Max input speed more than 4000 rpm
- Max output torque 37 000 Nm
- Assorted differentials: conical or planetary, lockable
- Multiple speed ranges:
- Pneumatically or hydraulically operated gear shifter
- Automatic shifting with hydraulically operated clutches
- Housing materials: aluminium, grey casting, etc.
- Water tight solutions and special surface treatments
- Additional PTO´s eg. for pumps, compressors etc.
- Additional PTI´s for hybrid solutions
- Conditioning monitoring systems