Marine & Offshore
Katsa - Power Take-Off (PTO) Gearboxes and Clutches
Based on the proven technology Katsa has developed a series of PTO Gearboxes and Clutches dedicated for marine and offshore market. Typical applications include power take-off for hydraulic pumps for example on fishing vessels, tug boats and work boats, where hydraulics are needed. These PTO gearboxes can also be used for driving and engaging cargo pumps on commercial vessels or mud pumps in oil & gas applications.
Depending on the application and Gearbox- and Clutch configurations power can go up to 1300 kW and clutch dynamic torque up to 16 000 Nm. Gear ratios can be adapted project related. Katsa has also developed an integrated control system expanding the life time and performance of the gearboxes and clutches. The control system can be either integrated into the main control or separately as a stand-alone with a panel on the vessel´s control bridge.
Katsa´s newest product is a new Hybrid PTO Gearbox concept. This new Hybrid concept will be a solution to combine and fit Diesel- and Electric motors smoothly in to vessel´s propulsion drive line. New Hybrid concept will have wide flexibility of eg. adjusting optimal electric-motor ratio, utilizing clutches and control systems as described above.
General technical overview of Katsa´s PTO´s and Clutches:
- Engine Power up to 1300 kW
- Hydraulic Clutch Dynamic Torque up to 16 000 Nm
- Diesel-Engine bell housing from SAE 00 to SAE 3
- Pump mounting sizes from SAE B to SAE D
- Flexible Gear Ratios for optimal Engine ↔ Pump RPM´s
- Hydraulic clutch control system with proportional valves – Designed especially for marine applications
- Independent oil circulation with oil pump and integrated oil sump
- Integrated control and clutch protection system with remote bridge control
- Marine oil-water cooler for sea water
- Various accessories available; Cooling, Filtering, etc.
Katsa is developing new winch gears and winch electric powerpacks by utilizing Permanent Magnet (PM) motor technology. New technology offers new possibilities for developing light, compact and agile machines for the marine and offshore sector. Demanding dynamic applications like escort winches are perfect applications for utilizing the advantages of the new technologies.
General technical overview of Katsa´s Winch Gears:
- Permanent Magnet (PM) motor technology
- Benefits for dynamic applications eg. active heave compensation
- Tailor-made solutions based on new technology